Text 0045 2270 1079
I welcome visitors but do advise you to book an appointment with me first, I look forward to seeing you Monday to Friday 09.00 to 17.00 and am happy to have you visit in the evening or weekend if necessary.
At the studio you can use the equipment to make up your backing and cut your binding. I am very happy to help you with this and to go over the check list below with you. The studio has sewing machines, rotary cutters and mats and a lovely big table to work on, as well as everything you will need for quilting.
Preparation of quilt Checklist, important.
• Do not baste your quilt – Your quilt goes on my long arm machine in three separate layers so there is no need to baste.
• Trim any loose threads so darker threads won’t show under light fabric. This really does make a difference, particularly for white and contrasting quilts.
• Your backing and wadding need to be at least 15cm larger on all sides. This is the ideal size we like to work with. However, if your backing is a little shorter than these measurements then do contact me to check before making any alterations to your backing.
• Trim any selvedges and press open seams on backing joins.
• It is fine to leave the selvedges on outer edges of backings as eventually they will be trimmed.
• Square up your backing.
• If your quilt is directional, pin a note indicating the top end.
• Have your quilt insured if you are posting it. This is worth doing and you can do this on line at postnord.dk. When I post quilts back I always have them insured.
Longarm Quilting Price List
The prices are a guide to my edge-to-edge quilting and you will receive a full quote once we have viewed your quilt. I use high quality Superior threads which are included in the price You can bring your own batting or I can supply it.
I do my very best to ensure a quick turnaround but if you need a guaranteed one week turnaround then you can take advantage of my Priority Service when on receipt of your quilt I will have it quilted and returned to you within a week. The extra cost of this service is DKK 500 on top of the regular quilting price.
If you love hand quilting I also offer a basting service. I know sometimes basting a large quilt at home can be very difficult so let me take the strain out of it so you can just enjoy the pleasure of hand quilting – The cost for this service is DKK400.