When I first learned paper piecing I made a bundle of star blocks on a black background.
I have had these block in a drawer for a few years and came accross them a couple of months ago.
I found with the blocks a bag of scraps of the fabrics I used to make them so made some bright sashing to surround them and used the rest to make the binding.
I tried to take some nice photos of the quilt but the wind got up.
And up, until!
I accepted defeat!
It was good to use the blocks, I think I could have done more with the back of the quilt, but a lot of the blocks had pretty thick seams in places and it would have added a lot of bulk to the quilt if I had added pieced blocks to the back so just left it plain.